The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) have come together, once again, to coordinate the annual National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week® (NDAFW®)!
Next week, from March 21st – 27th 2022, we are focusing on actively sharing information in order to link teens to FACTS that debunk common myths relating to underage drinking and drug use. During this week-long observance, we make the effort to educate teens about the harmful consequences drugs and alcohol may have on the developing brain, body, and behavior in addition to promoting positive mental health! Getting involved is easy, and this year NIDA has a number of NEW activities to help you participate:
- Join NIDA in Crafting #MyWhyNDAFW Short Videos. In this activity, youths are encouraged to use their authentic voices to share their why or motivation for preventing drug use and supporting positive mental health.
- Share your #MyWhyNDAFW with this placard. Print, fill it out, and if you would like, share your motivation for joining the conversation on social media using #NDAFW or #MyWhyNDAFW.
- Explore the Nurturing My Mental & Emotional Health and Stressed Out? activities to help students find strategies to cope with stress and support their mental health.
- Share the Is This Legit? Accessing Valid and Reliable Health Information activity to help students in grades nine through 12 learn to access valid and reliable health information.
- Start a conversation using answers to teens’ 10 frequently asked questions about drugs and health.
- Take the National Drug & Alcohol IQ Challenge. Test students’ knowledge about drugs and alcohol with this short, interactive quiz. Take the Kahoot! quiz with a class or encourage youth to play individually.
Within our community, there is the opportunity to organize and register your own NDAFW® event with these activities and any you may come up with on your own! For more information on organizing and registering a NDAFW® event, click the link below!
To participate events already registered, check out the NDAFW® Map to see who is hosting an event in the community.