Opioid misuse and opioid-related deaths have grown exponentially over the past five years, but we are starting to see some progress in fighting this epidemic!
Check out this news post recently published by CNN concerning the latest news in the fight against the opioid epidemic!
With the introduction of naloxone, Cobb County has seen a drastic 21% decrease in the number of opioid-related deaths just last year! Lets continue to do our part to further decrease this number by preventing our loved one’s from the risk of addiction, starting with our youth:
- Educate youth about the dangers of sharing or taking medications that do not belong/are not prescribed to them
- Educate youth about the dangers of taking medications, over the counter or prescription (Rx), without the supervision/instruction of a parent or physician
- Properly disposing of old Rx medications
- Properly storing and locking up Rx medications in a secured container/cabinet
- Encourage those that may already be misusing to receive the proper help and treatment